There are many small indicators that could be evidence of a problem with the electrical wiring in your home or business. If you experience any of the below, make sure you disconnect the appliance (if applicable) and contact Nu Electrical on 0431 953 192.
– Tingles and minor shocks from metal fittings or appliances
– Variation in the brightness of your lights
– Damaged power points and light fittings including discolouration, melted or cracked plastic…
Feeling the winter chill, but not sure what the best option to heat your home is? We’ve got you covered.
REVERSE CYCLE AIR CONDITIONING
Great for larger spaces and open plan living, these are the most cost-effective form of electric heating – and are great for cooling in summer too. The expensive initial outlay can be offset by energy saving features such as movement sensors to reduce running costs…
An RCD is a sensitive safety device that protects against electrocution and house fires by switching off automatically if it senses a fault. It works by constantly monitoring the current flowing through its circuit, switching off in a fraction of a second if it detects electricity flowing down an unintended path (such as through a person touching a live wire), thus dramatically reducing the risk of death or injury.
There are three types of RCD:
– FIXED RCDS are installed in the fusebox and provide the highest level of protection, for all wiring, sockets and appliances on that circuit…
Reduce your power consumption by implementing some of these energy saving solutions into your home.
– Install fewer downlights and opt for LED technology
– Buy energy efficient appliances that suit your household needs, opting for those with a higher “star” energy rating
– Convert your hot water system to solar or gas
– Check your ceiling, external walls and floors are sufficiently insulated to minimise heat loss in your home
– Check your ducts are properly sealed to increase the effectiveness of your heating and cooling systems…
Ducted vacuum systems, with their advanced bypass motors and superior airflow, are three to five times more powerful than your average portable vacuum cleaner. A must-have for allergy sufferers and asthmatics, these systems remove everything from your living area – including deep-down dirt, dust mites, pollen and spores – and are not recycling dust-laden air back into your home…